Mosquitoes trapped in the Pachaug State Forest in Voluntown on July 31st have tested positive for the virus.
Eastern Equine Encephalitis- Triple E — is on the minds of many. It’s the rare cause of brain infections.
A Massachusetts woman has died after contracting Eastern Equine Encephalitis from a mosquito bite.
South Windsor is taking precautions after a mosquito collected in the town tested positive for the Eastern Equine Encephalitis virus.
The recommendation to restrict outdoor activities to protect against the EEE virus has been lifted. The CT Department of Public Health and the CT Department of Energy and Environmental Protection made the announcement Thursday afternoon.
Mosquitoes found in Connecticut have tested positive for Eastern Equine Encephalitis (EEE) virus.
More mosquitoes test positive for Eastern Equine Encephalitis and an East Lyme resident – who first fell ill in August – is confirmed as the first human case of the potentially-deadly disease.
NEW HAVEN, Conn. (WTNH) – The first sample of eastern equine encephalitis infected mosquitoes have show up this season in Voluntown, CT. The State Mosquito Management Program announced the mosquitoes were trapped in Voluntown on September 12, 2016. In addition, West Nile virus (WNV) infected mosquitoes have been identified in 20 Connecticut towns: Bridgeport, Cromwell, […]
It may be the end of Summer, but more people could be coming in to buy insect repellent because the Ledge Light Health District says that more mosquitoes have tested positive for Eastern Equine Encephalitis.
The East Hampton school district is taking precautions amid the threat of eastern equine encephalitis.