Reception held to honor this year’s Saint Patrick’s Day Parade award recipients

All Things Irish

NEW HAVEN, Conn. (WTNH) — A special reception held Tuesday evening honored this year’s Saint Patrick’s Day award recipients.

The award recognizes individuals for their service and dedication to the community.

News 8’s own General Manager, Rich Graziano, was among the honorees, winning the 2020 James J. Dinnan Distinguished Service Award, the most prestigious community award. This award identifies an outstanding resident of Connecticut who is recognized for unselfish dedication and contributions to fellow Americans.

Graziano will be presented with this award on Ball night, which is Saturday, March 7.

Among other honorees, this year’s Grand Marshal, Seamus Bohan. Bohan is a second-generation Grand Marshal. He told News 8 his father was Grand Marshal back in 1991.

“It’s a fantastic honor. One that I hold near and dear to my heart. I’m actually going to be walking in my father’s footsteps…He’s an original parade committee member that re-established the parade in 1956, so this parade, I was born into it. I don’t know anything other than St. Patrick’s Day Parade.”

– Greater New Haven St.Patrick’s Day Parade Grand Marshall 2020, Seamus Bohan

News 8 will have complete coverage of the parade Sunday, March 15 starting at 1 p.m.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

New Haven

Economic help for Meriden during pandemic: city celebrates grand opening

News /

Kitchen fire displaces three Hamden apartment residents

News /

Suspect involved in Naugatuck officer-involved shooting incident turns himself in

News /

Restaurant owners hoping for state guidance on indoor dining options as colder temps approach

News /

Body camera footage of officer-involved shooting incident in Naugatuck released

News /

Waterbury Public Schools employs new tech system to get critical school, COVID-19 info to students, parents

News /
More New Haven

Trending Stories

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss