NEW HAVEN, Conn. (WTNH) — The COVID-19 pandemic has impacted so many of us in terms of mental health and stress—and studies now show that in adolescents, substance abuse is on the rise because of it.
Joining us to talk more about this and how we can tackle this issue is Trudi Hewell, Program Manager of Children’s Services at Bhcare, A Behavioral Health Clinic.
The following are covered:
- How many teens are turning to substance use as a coping mechanism?
- Is there an increase pre-pandemic to now?
- What can we do to help these teens find healthier coping strategies?
- Why is early intervention so important?
- What’s your message to families that are struggling with this and that might not know where to turn?
To learn more, visit BHCARE.ORG.