Enjoy the holidays without blowing your fitness goals.
Here’s some tips from Shana Schnieder from Fitstyle by Shana on how to squeeze in fitness this season while cooking dinner:
1. Clear off those counter tops. Keep them as free of those sweet treats as possible or at least put them in opaque containers so they can stay out of sight and, hopefully, out of mind!
2. Use elbow grease in your recipes. That means if you’re mashing things like potatoes, do it by hand, Replace the mixer with a wooden spoon or whisk as often as possible.
3. Make the timer your cue for a workout. Remember that exercise in 10-minute increments counts! Squats are a great way to keep an eye on what’s in the oven.
4. Put a note on your fridge to drink a glass of water before opening it. Staying hydrated is essential. Our bodies have a hard time knowing the difference between hunger and thirst, so better to start with some water!
5. Use your sink as a reminder to check your posture and work on your balance by standing on one foot or doing side leg lifts. There are bound to be dirty dishes, but you can make time spent cleaning them do double duty!