NEW HAVEN, Conn. (WTNH) – If you love chocolate, you want to come into the kitchen with Chef Raquel Rivera-Pablo from A Pinch of Salt.
Chocolate Molten Cake and Raspberry Coulis Ingredients for Chocolate Molten Cake:
4 oz of bittersweet chocolate, chopped (equal to 1 cup dry measure)
1 stick of unsalted butter
2 large eggs juice of ½ lemon
2 large egg yolks
¼ cup sugar
1 tablespoon of all-purpose flour
Ingredients for Raspberry Coulis:
5 oz. bag of frozen raspberries
2 tbs. of sugar
juice of ½ lemon
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Prepare ramekins by spraying with baking spray and placing on a parchment lined baking sheet.
3. Over a double broiler melt chocolate with butter. Remove from heat once melted.
4. In a large bowl beat sugar, eggs and egg yolks. Set aside.
5. Temper in chocolate into egg-sugar bowl. Gently whisk to combine.
6. Add in flour and with a rubber spatula stir to just combine.
7. Fill each ramekin about 3/4’s of the way up. Place on baking sheet and bake for 8 minutes.
8. For raspberry coulis: add all ingredients in blender and puree.
9. Serve cakes warm with raspberry coulis and fresh whipped cream.