NEW HAVEN, Conn. (WTNH) – Fall is here and it’s time to make candied Fresno chili.
Executive chef Kevin Des Chenes and Chef Luca Paris will be at the Greenwich Wine and Food Festival on Saturday, September 23rd at noon at the Roger Sherman Baldwin Park on Arch Street.
Candied Fresno Chili Ingredients
- 1 cup red Fresno Chili’s
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups water
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Pinch of ginger
- Pinch of cardamom
- Slice some medium red chili’s.
- Poach in a spiced sugar syrup of 1 cup water, 1 cup sugar and whatever spices you like (ginger, cinnamon, cardamom etc.) for about 20 minutes
- Drain the chili’s (save the syrup).
- Lay on a baking tray, & cook in a 200 degree oven for around an hour, until crisp.
- Use to garnish mains, desserts, drinks, or as a surprising spicy sweet. (the leftover syrup is great for mixing into cocktails for a bit of extra kick.)
Sweet Fuego Ingredients
- 1.5 oz Premium Light Vodka
- 1 oz Syrup from Fresno Chili’s
- 3 lime wedges Lime
- 1oz pineapple juice
- Muddle 2 lime wedges, candied chili pepper and syrup in rocks glass
- add ice
- pour pineapple juice and vodka to glass and stir
- garnish with lime wedge and candied chili