NEW HAVEN, Conn. (WTNH) – Sarah Cody, and Ryan Kristafer are cooking up a great meal with College Inn Broth.
Sneaky Mac and CheeseIngredients:
3 cups College Inn® Fat Free and Lower Sodium Chicken Broth
8 oz. dry pasta (whole grain elbows or rotini)
1 can (14.5 oz.) Del Monte® Sliced Carrots, drained
½ cup milk
1 can (15.5 oz.) white or cannellini beans, drained
2 cups (8 oz.) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
Salt and black pepper, optional
- Bring broth to a boil in a large saucepan; add pasta and reduce heat to medium-high. Cook according to package directions, stirring frequently, except do not drain.
- Meanwhile, place carrots and milk in a blender; puree until smooth.
- Add beans to blender; puree until smooth, scraping down sides of blender twice.
- Stir pureed mixture into pasta until coated.
- Cook over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Stir in cheese and cook until cheese is melted and season to taste with salt and pepper, if desired. Serve with toppings, as desired.