We have a healthy Game Day recipe that’s perfect for football entertaining!
Joining us in the Bender Kitchen is Clinical Registered Dietitian, Frankie Maderia from St. Vincent’s Medical Center. Maderia shows us how to make mini chicken meatballs with dipping sauce.
Sweet and Tangy Meatball Dipping Sauce
• 1 can jellied cranberry sauce
• 1 jar chili sauce
• ¼ cup brown sugar
• ½ cup warm water
1. Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan and cook on medium heat and stir until smooth and warm.
2. Serve warm with warm meatballs.
Garlic Dill Dipping Sauce
• 3 garlic cloves , minced
• 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt , or to taste
• fresh ground pepper
• 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
• 1 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
• 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. In a small mixing bowl, combine garlic, salt, ground pepper, dill, yogurt, and olive oil; mix until thoroughly incorporated.
2. Taste for seasonings and adjust accordingly. Serve with meatballs.
Mini Chicken Meatballs
• 1 pound lean ground chicken
• 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 3 tablespoons finely diced yellow onion
• 1/2 Italian Seasoning
• 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• Fresh ground pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Lightly grease a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine chicken, panko bread crumbs, garlic, onion, thyme, oregano, garlic powder, salt and pepper; mix and stir or mix with hands until thoroughly combined.
4. Form the mixture into 1-1/2 inch meatballs.
5. Transfer the meatballs to previously prepared baking sheet.
6. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until meatballs are cooked through.
7. Remove chicken meatballs from the oven and let stand couple minutes.
For more information visit, StVincents.org.