As we continue to Salute Our Troops, we move into the bender kitchen for a great meal with members of our naval force in Connecticut.
Food Production Chief CSS1 (SS) Aaron Fierros and Cook on Watch CSS2 (SS) Jaron Saunders are from the submarine base in Groton cooking up prosciutto stuffed chicken breast with balsamic glazed green beans.
½ pound prosciutto
4 Chicken Breast
2 Cloves garlic
1 Package Boursin Cheese
2 Cups Balsamic Vinegar
4 Sprigs Rosemary
2 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Rough chop prosciutto in small enough pieces to that they fit inside of the chicken breast
3. Take 1 package of Boursin Cheese, any variation is fine, and fold prosciutto into the cheese to create the stuffing for the chicken.
4. Taking a slicing knife, make a hole into the chicken breast starting from the top of the breast and go as deep as desired.
5. Peel, and mince garlic, mix with Rosemary, salt and pepper.
6. Take seasoning mixture and add it to olive oil.
7. Brush chicken breast
8. On a salt and pepper seasoned hot pan, add chicken breast to the pan searing for about 2 minutes on each side.
9. Place on a cookie sheet and place in the oven and cook for about 15-25 minutes
1. Take pan and place on stove at medium to high heat.
2. Add balsamic vinegar and wait until the vinegar starts to boil and thicken
3. Add green beans to the pan and toss, cooking for 5-7 minutes or until al dente.