NEW HAVEN, Conn. (WTNH) – We continue to raise awareness for Operation Save A Life.
Volunteer Fire Lieutenant, George DeVita from the Avon Volunteer Fire Department, shows us how to make St. Louis cut pork spare ribs.
Rub for St. Louis Cut Pork Spare Ribs
- 1 part salt
- 1 part 16 mesh pepper
- 1 part smoked paprika
- 1/2 part granulated garlic
- 1/2 part granulated onion
- 1/2 part cumin
- 1/2 part chili powder
- 1/2 part brown sugar
- Set up Smoker with wood of choice (oak)
- Temperature to 275 degrees
- Trim ribs, remove membrane
- Rub ribs on all 6 sides
- Cook in smoker 2 hours (sprtiz after 1st hour with apple cider vinegar and add rub if needed)
- After 2 hours check ribs for tenderness and bend
- Wrap ribs in aluminum foil
- In foil – place brown sugar, local wild honey, sauce
- Cover both sides of ribs
- Return to smoker meat side down until desired tenderness
- Unwrap ribs – glaze with sauce and return to smoker to let glaze set approximate 30 mins
- Ribs should not fall off the bone but have a clean bite through tenderness.
- Fall off the bone ribs are over cooked