Croissant crumb crusted lamb chops with rosemary beurre noisette or in english brown butter is on the menu in the kitchen.
Chef Dave Foster says you can serve dish as a meal or an appetizer.
1 rack of lamb (Cut into 8 individual chops)
2 eggs beaten
1/4 cup flour
6 large croissants turned into bread crumbs
4 sprigs of rosemary
1/2 stick of butter
1/4 cup cooking oil
Salt and pepper
- Season the lamb with sale and pepper and lightly dust them with flour.
- Dredge the chops in the beaten eggs and then the croissant crumbs coating them completely.
- Heat a pan to med/high heat with the cooking oil. Carefully place the chops in the oil and brown on both sides for two minutes on either side. Remove the lamb and discharge the used oil.
- While the pan is still very hot put the butter in. It will melt very quickly and start to smoke. DON’T PANIC! You want it to do this. The butter with start to turn brown and aquire a nutty smell. Throw the rosemary into the butter and then the chops back into the pan to finish cooking flipping them over to coat them in the beurre noisette for approximately two to three more minutes.
- Plate the chops and drizzle the butter on top using the browned rosemary as a garnish.