Host and Executive Chef, Chef Plum cooks up classic southern comfort food recipe.
Shrimp and Biscuits
Ingredients to make shrimp
1 tablespoon garlic
1 tablespoon onion
1/4 cup white wine
1 tablespoon butter
5 shrimp 16-20
salt and pepper
1 teaspoon olive oil
Directions to cook shrimp:
- In a hot pan, saute in olive oil garlic and onions until translucent
- Add shrimp, cook until they just start to firm
- Add white wine
- Add butt and mix until sauce coats the back of a spoon
Ingredients for biscuits
2 cups white flour
2.5 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chilled butter
1.25 cup milk
1 teaspoon chopped chives
Salt and pepper
Directions to make biscuits:
- Preheat an oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Mix flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar in a bowl.
- Cut in the cold butter with a knife or pastry blender until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add milk a little at a time, stirring lightly between additions.add chives
- Drop the batter by spoonfuls onto a cookie sheet, and bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until the tops are golden.
- Serve with shrimp and sauce for sopping!
You can see Chef Plum take to the dance floor at Dancing with the Stars CT on Saturday, March 30 at the Wall Street Theater in Norwalk at 8:00 p.m.