NEW HAVEN, Conn. (WTNH) – Congratulations, if you got engaged over the 2017 holiday season! Engagement season is still in full swing through Valentine’s Day!
Lead Planner and Designer Lisa Antonecchia explains what you should do moving forward.
1.Start by sitting down with all the decision makers when it comes to the budget and get that done, before you do anything! You must have a clear budget.
2. Get your venue
3. Remember to consider the venue and food and beverage cost before signing the contract to ensure you are leaving yourself with a workable budget!
4. Do not over extend yourself on your venue alone, you will have trouble with all the other items you will want for the wedding so make a wise decision!
5. Your next place is the dress salon and believe it or not hair and make-up \and you need time for fittings for your dress.
6. DJ, photography and videography if you are having them would be next on your list.
7. Now you know what you have left for your floral design and table top décor!
8. If you need help, yes hiring a wedding planner/designer will cost you some of the budget. But we can guide you in the process to make it a more enjoyable experience and get it all done on time for your wedding day! And we can often help you find discounts with some of our local vendors!
8. Another piece of advice, if you can’t get out your save the dates 6 months before your wedding due to a late start, then send out your invitations a full three months in advance so people have time to plan ahead