(WTNH) – Teresa’s best friend Deena Szklarz shares her story of her first Mommy months and gives Teresa some great mommy advice for Mommy Monday!
- Zipper pajamas are your best friend for quick changes in the middle of the night
- Rest when the baby rests, you don’t have to sleep, but just relax. No cleaning, no cooking, just recooperate!
- Embrace people wanting to help! Food, cleaning and baby help are essential and welcomed (including from your BFF)
- Nursing, if you decide to do it, it may not go as you planned, but by the end of the month, it will click
- Do what works for your family – lots of people will have lots of advice, but go with your gut. For us, the swing was our lifesaver, this time I hear lots of great things about the Ollie Swaddle – we’ll see.
And above all, lean on your partner and think of the first month (or two or three!) as pure survival mode! You’re figuring it out and so is the baby!