For seniors or other people who are on Medicare, there’s about a week left for the open enrollment period and for some, it can be confusing.
Deb Kaplan-Lewis With UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement in Connecticut joins us to help us navigate through the process.
Medicare Annual Enrollment is now until Friday, December 7. To make shopping for Medicare coverage easier, consider the following:
- As a first step, check your current coverage to see if it still meets your needs. See if your benefits will change next year.
- Determine if the plan is a good fit for your budget.
- Pay attention to more than just the monthly premium. You should also understand the other out-of-pocket costs, including the deductible, co-pays and coinsurance.
- Make sure your medications are covered.
- Confirm your preferred doctors and hospitals are available through the plan you’re considering.
- Don’t forget about dental, vision and other additional benefits.
- Take advantage of wellness programs.
Click here or call or 1-800-842-5684 for more information.