CT Style Reporter Natasha Lubczenko recently spoke with Dr. Edward Snyder, the Medical Director of the Yale New Haven Hospital Blood Bank, about the importance and safety of blood donations.
Dr. Snyder answers the following questions:
- Is it safe to donate blood?
- What types of procedures most urgently require donated blood or blood products?
- What blood type(s) are in greatest demand?
- What criteria must one meet to be a blood donor?
- How often can a person donate blood?
To learn more, visit BridgeportHospital.org