New Haven, CT (WTNH) – CT Style Host Natasha Lubczenko recently spoke with
Dr. Gabriele Di Luozzo, Chief of Cardiac Surgery at Bridgeport Hospital
Dr. Di Luozzo answers the following questions:
- How many Americans need this type of surgery?
- What are the leading causes compared to 20 or 30 years ago?
- What innovations have improved the outcomes of these surgeries?
- To what extent have less invasive procedures replaced traditional
open surgery for heart and vascular conditions?
- What do you see on the horizon for these types of surgeries?
- What is recovery like now, with all these advancements?
To learn more, visit www.bridgeporthospital.org.