New Haven, CT (WTNH) – CT Style Host Natasha Lubczenko recently spoke with Dr. Justin Cahill, Interim Chairman, Bridgeport Hospital Emergency Department.
Dr. Cahill explains that, “One-Size Emergency Department care doesn’t fit everyone, and our older population can have some special needs.”
In response, they are now certified to offer Geriatric Emergency Medicine, also known as ‘GEMS. ’
In this segment, Dr. Cahill explains the following:
- What is different about taking care of an older trauma patient?
- Who makes up the GEMS Team at Bridgeport Hospital?
- Why is continuity of care so important for elderly patients?
- How long has Bridgeport Hospital offered Specialized Emergency Care
- Why is follow up care important?
- What is the primary goal of this program?
For more information about “GEMS” at Bridgeport Hospital, visit www.bridgeporthospital.org