To many people Black Friday means deals, steals and long lines at the mall. But in Middletown, they brought the holiday spirit to life on Main Street, without shopping for gifts.
They had not one but two tree lighting fireworks and parade to ring in the holiday season. Nancy Lopez Was there with her family.
“It brings family together, that’s one of the things and the kids enjoy watching Santa Claus and my sister is up there singing so it’s all good things!”
It was the time for Essence Rios to reflect on a better way of life.
“it’s better than what I had in my childhood, I feel like this time my brother can enjoy his Christmas and this time with his family and friends.”
Robert Rau enjoys the simple things in life. The true meaning of being together at the holidays.
“To me it’s fireworks, happiness and its joyful. It’s simple stuff! Happy kids, and families altogether as in one happy thing in one happy moment!”
It was the 33rd annual Holiday on Main in Middletown.
- Connecticut National Guard members returning from deployment
- Middletown holds first ever Pride parade
- Hartford PD hosts gun buyback event
- Search for possible drowning victim in Connecticut River being suspended
- Hartford: Firefighters respond to residential fire on Capen Street
- UPDATE: Target registers back online after system shuts down nationwide
- Flights resume at Newark Airport after United flight skids off runway
Ash trees and oak trees are becoming more and more scarce across the state of Connecticut all because of the invasive Emerald Ash Borer and Gypsy Moths.Read More »
- Eye on the Storm - Hurricane season by the experts
- Jupiter will get so close to Earth this month that the planet and its largest moons will be visible
- The science behind studying mosquitoes this season
- Safety dos and don'ts of handling a tornado outbreak
- Preparing for Hurricane Season
- After several quiet years, tornadoes erupt in United States
- Lots of clouds, scattered showers for Father's Day weekend
Members of the Connecticut Army National Guard are coming home from...Read More »
The search for a possible drowning victim in the Connecticut River is being...Read More »