NEW HAVEN, Conn. (WTNH) - Officials announced the 2019 lineup for a two-week June festival of arts and ideas Thursday evening.
According to Associated Press (https://bit.ly/2XDxV3C), the event lasts from June 8 to June 22. Officials said New Haven's International Festival of Arts & Ideas will be two full weeks on the Green, with three weekends of events including five free Green concerts.
Co-executive director of the festival Chad Herzog said that this year's lineup features "the most diverse group of artists and thinkers" they've hosted this year.
"It doesn't look like anything we did even five years ago. Putting it bluntly, you don't see a white guy on our stage during the weekends. Our stage looks like New Haven." Herzog said.
The lineup includes Australian contemporary circus company Circa, Inuk musician Tanya Tagaq, and a Green concert/dance event called Garba360, based on a form of dance that originated in the state of Gujarat in India.
It will also feature a ticketed music event called "Quantum Sound," which will be a live performance of music created from the sound of energy and radiation frequency.
The ideas program will be at Alexicon Pharmaceuticals on College Street with several events throughout the week to promote awareness on our surrounding and culture.
"I'm excited that we're able to continue to make this festival happen here in this city," Herzog said. "A couple of years ago, it was really hard."
- Connecticut National Guard members returning from deployment
- Middletown holds first ever Pride parade
- Hartford PD hosts gun buyback event
- Search for possible drowning victim in Connecticut River to resume Sunday morning
- Hartford: Firefighters respond to residential fire on Capen Street
- UPDATE: Target registers back online after system shuts down nationwide
- Flights resume at Newark Airport after United flight skids off runway
Ash trees and oak trees are becoming more and more scarce across the state of Connecticut all because of the invasive Emerald Ash Borer and Gypsy Moths.Read More »
- Eye on the Storm - Hurricane season by the experts
- Jupiter will get so close to Earth this month that the planet and its largest moons will be visible
- The science behind studying mosquitoes this season
- Safety dos and don'ts of handling a tornado outbreak
- Preparing for Hurricane Season
- After several quiet years, tornadoes erupt in United States
- Damp, but not a Drencher For Father's Day
Two motorcycle accidents on Saturday night are being investigated by police.Read More »
Members of the Connecticut Army National Guard are coming home from...Read More »
The search for a possible drowning victim in the Connecticut River is set to...Read More »