(WTNH) - What's a summer without a movie starring The Rock? Unthinkable is what it is! But this time around it's no fifth installment in a franchise or reboot of a franchise - it's "Skyscraper," a huge movie about a huge building.
It's called the pearl and it's the biggest building in the world. Even if it is made up. The 240-story building has 100 floors, and basically is a reboot, of 'The Towering Inferno.' Cuz this sucker goes up in flames and who else can save everyone in a situation like this but The Rock? I mean, really.
Here he plays will Sawyer, former FBI, lost a leg, now a security consultant, and the pearl is his latest gig. And some terrorists set it ablaze to smoke out a billionaire's flash drive locked away in his penthouse on the top floor.
Boy, did they pick the wrong building. The Rock's prosthetic leg does not slow him one bit when it comes to running, jumping, karate-kicking, and there's plenty of all of that here.
He's described it as being a tribute to 'Die Hard.' I bet it's yippee kayay-free, though.
Look, it's The Rock, the CGI is eye-popping, and the action is non-stop. If inane ain't your cup of tea, there's always Hotel Transylvania 3.
'Skyscraper' is rated pg-13.
- Marriott hotels eliminating plastic straws by 2019
- 17-year-old dies after high school band practice
- Texas Instruments' new CEO loses job for personal misconduct
- Tipster alerted police to suspect in possible Houston serial killings
- Recent incidents of alleged prejudice caught on camera
- 'Snake priestess' Serpentessa uses snakes to massage you
- Bear spotted near church in Oxford
News 8 was crisscrossing the state since the storms began early Tuesday afternoon.Read More »
- Storms cause travel nightmare for thousands across the East Coast
- Tuesday thunderstorms cause damage, knock out power around Connecticut
- Report-It Photo Gallery: July 17, 2018 Thunderstorms
- Tuesday storm knocks out power for thousands across Connecticut
- Wet weather to linger until around midnight, sunshine returns Wednesday
- Showers, downpours possible Sunday evening
- How to escape a rip current
News 8 was crisscrossing the state since the storms began early Tuesday...Read More »
The US Food and Drug Administration is advising people to avoid eating fresh...Read More »
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
A Hartford man will spend 51 months behind bars for illegally possessing a...Read More »
Hamden police are looking to the public for assistance in finding a man...Read More »
The US Food and Drug Administration is advising people to avoid eating fresh crab meat from Venezuela because of potential contamination by bacteria.Read More »
Australian researchers have developed an experimental blood test they say is the first blood test capable of detecting melanoma -- an aggressive form of skin cancer -- in its early stages with a high degree of accuracy.Read More »
MGM Resorts International has sued hundreds of victims of the deadliest mass shooting in modern U.S. history in a bid to avoid liability for the gunfire that rained down from its Mandalay Bay casino-resort in Las Vegas.Read More »