(WTNH)–New Haven-based attorney Tara Knight joined us for our weekly “Ask the Lawyer” segment on Monday. Last week, we touched on cases you do not need a lawyer for, and small claims was one of them.
We asked Tara the following questions:
1. What is small claims court and how is it different from the regular court?
2. What are some examples of cases that are brought in small claims court?
3. How long does a person have to sue in small claims court?
4. Where does a person go to begin a small claims action? How does a person begin a small claim actions?
5. What happens in court?
6. How do I obtain my money if I win in small claims court?
Catch our weekly segment with Tara on Mondays at 5 p.m. on News 8.