LIVE NOW /
Watch Good Morning CT at Nine

Branford residence uninhabitable after chimney fire

News

A residence in Branford is uninhabitable after a chimney fire broke out on Monday night.

According to fire crews, the flames sparked in the chimney before spreading to the walls and roof of a unit at Harbor Village located at 120 Short Beach Road.

The blaze was reported after 10:30 p.m. and was quickly contained once firefighters arrived at the scene.

Officials said one firefighter suffered a minor injury and was treated on scene. No other injuries were reported.

The cause of the fire remains under investigation.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss