Cell phone causes small fire in ER at Yale

News

NEW HAVEN, Conn. (WTNH)– A small fire caused by a cell phone battery broke out at Yale New Haven Hospital Tuesday morning.

At around 6 a.m., New Haven firefighters responded to the emergency room of Yale New Haven Hospital, located at 20 York Street.

The Chief Battalion on scene told News 8 that a cell phone battery was unattached to a phone in a pocket, with other metal and change, when the battery shorted.

The fire was quickly put out and no one was hurt.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

New Haven

CT State Police investigating fatal officer-involved shooting in Waterbury

News /
Thumbnail for the video titled "CT State Police investigating fatal officer-involved shooting in Waterbury"

New Haven Residents and Elected Officials calling on Yale University to do more for the city

News /
Thumbnail for the video titled "New Haven Residents and Elected Officials calling on Yale University to do more for the city"

Daughter of Waterbury mayor seriously injured in Florida van crash has been discharged from hospital, set to return to Connecticut

News /
Thumbnail for the video titled "Daughter of Waterbury mayor seriously injured in Florida van crash has been discharged from hospital, set to return to Connecticut"

Madison teen entrepreneur creates custom kicks

News /
Thumbnail for the video titled "Madison teen entrepreneur creates custom kicks"

Man accused of stabbing his wife in east haven

News /
Thumbnail for the video titled "Man accused of stabbing his wife in east haven"

CT State Police investigating fatal officer-involved shooting in Waterbury

News /
Thumbnail for the video titled "CT State Police investigating fatal officer-involved shooting in Waterbury"
More New Haven

Trending Stories

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss