(WTNH) — Big Y is donating a portion of its reusable bag sales this month to Saint Francis and Johnson Memorial Hospitals.
Six Connecticut Big Y stores will donate $1 from every reusable bag sold to the hospitals throughout the month of October:
- 255 West Main Street, Avon
- 135 West Road, Ellington
- 65 Palomba Drive, Enfield
- 87 West Stafford Road (Rt. 190), Stafford Springs
- 33 Fieldstone Commons, Tolland
- 772 North Main Street, West Hartford
The proceeds will go towards funding the free mammogram programs and screenings both hospitals offer to women across Connecticut.
In addition, Saint Francis and Johnson Memorial will be offering free mammograms on Oct. 24th from 7:00am – 7:00pm for their annual Pinklink at the following locations:
- Radiology Associates of Hartford, 673 Cottage Grove Rd., Bloomfield
- Johnson Memorial Ambulatory Care Center, 148 Hazard Avenue, Enfield
- Radiology Associates of Hartford, 31 Sycamore Street, Suite 102, Glastonbury
- Comprehensive Women’s Health Center at Saint Francis, 114 Woodland St., Hartford
For more breast cancer awareness events hosted by Saint Francis Hospital, click here.