SOUTHINGTON, Conn. (AP) - Police say an 8-year-old boy who suffered a fatal accident at Mount Southington last month was skiing in a half pipe when he fell and hit his head.
Logan Murphy Mengold of Southbury died a day after the Feb. 19 accident.
The Record-Journal reports the boy was not wearing a helmet at the time of the accident. An incident report released Friday by Southington Police also details efforts by the boy's father and others to resuscitate him after the accident in the terrain park.
Mount Southington officials said in a written statement that ski patrol responded immediately to the accident. They said management and staff were deeply saddened by the incident.
Logan's family said in his obituary that he was a multi-sport athlete and passionate about music.
- One of Connecticut's biggest spring festivals kicks off this weekend in Meriden
- Judge Judy changes up her hair for the first time in decades
- Man dies in Bristol house fire
- What are the most popular dog breeds in Hartford and New Haven?
- AAA provides wellness tips for older drivers
- Another tax hike up for discussion at Capitol
- Campfire Cooking - Broomstick Apple Pies at Hemlock Hill RV in Southington, CT
- Hurricane Michael upgraded to Category 5
- NOAA: March 2019 was second-hottest on record
- Rain and melting snow contributes to Connecticut River flooding
- Connecticut receives total of $1 million in federal aid from 2018 storms, tornadoes
- New Haven's cherry blossoms will be at full peak by the end of April
- 6 states under blizzard warnings as residents prepare for April snow storm
- Start working now on getting a green lawn this year
For the 41st time, the city of Meriden is ready to welcome thousands of...Read More »
Hartford and New Haven are two of the most puppy-friendly cities in the...Read More »
Web Extra: Protest over police-involved shooting in New HavenRead More »
Wethersfield police are announcing several road closures right now ahead of a demonstration outside of police headquarters on Thursday night.Read More »
Planet Fitness has a new challenge to help teens stay in shape this summer.Read More »