LIVE NOW /
Watch Good Morning Connecticut

Malfunctioning light fixture leads to Stratford fire

Fairfield

STRATFORD, Conn. (WTNH) — Fire crews say a malfunctioning light fixture led to a blaze in Stratford on Wednesday night.

According to the Stratford Fire Department, around 10:20 p.m., firefighters received a call from an Ashcroft Inc. employee regarding a fire inside of the company’s building at 250 East Main Street.

Officials say employees noticed an increasing amount of smoke in the production area and initiated an evacuation of the facility while contacting the fire department.

Crews responded and shut down power to the building before extinguishing the fire. Officials say several high-powered smoke ejectors were used to remove smoke from the structure.

No injuries have been reported.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss