STRATFORD, Conn. (WTNH) — A Bridgeport man charged with attempted murder after allegedly shooting a man multiple times outside the Amazon facility in Stratford faced a judge Friday.

Cpt. Frank Eannotti said officers responded to shots fired in the 400 block of Long Beach Boulevard around 10:30 a.m. Friday. Police said the victim was listed in stable condition at a local hospital.

The victim is an Uber driver who drove the suspect, a subcontractor for Amazon, to the area, police said.

Eannotti said the suspect, 26-year-old Anthony Vann, called dispatch to turn himself in. He was taken into custody without incident, police said. He had three loaded firearms, according to authorities.

Vann, who has no criminal record, was charged with attempted murder. He was arraigned at Bridgeport Court on Friday.

“The defendant is alleged to have exited the car and fired many shots into the vehicle, your honor,” prosecutors told the judge. “A witness did observe those shots being made as well as Mr. Vann attempting to pick up shell casings on the ground.”

Anthony Vann (Stratford Police Department)

“He’s lived in Bridgeport his whole life,” Vann’s defense attorney said in court. “He has strong ties to the community here. He’s employed by Amazon. He did have a license for those firearms. He’s indicating that to me, at least.”

During his arraignment, prosecutors said Vann posed “an extreme risk to public safety.”

The judge believed the shooting took some planning and appeared to be unprovoked. She said it was a miracle the victim survived.

The judge raised Vann’s bond from $1 million to $1.5 million. He’s due back in court on Sept. 19.

Eannotti said there was no threat to the public as it was an isolated incident.

“We are working with local law enforcement while they investigate,” a spokesperson for Amazon said. “Any further official updates will come from them, but we’re working together on this.”

“We are extremely alarmed by this reported act of violence,” Uber’s spokesperson said. “Our thoughts are with the driver as he recovers and we are reaching out to him to check in. We are continuing to look into this incident, and are standing by to assist law enforcement on their investigation however we can.”

The video below is from News 8 at 5 p.m. on Aug. 24.

This is a developing story. Check back for updates.