State police found a cache of weapons inside of a car following a chase that started in Danbury early Friday morning.
A trooper recognized a gray Pontiac Grand AM from a "be on the lookout" from Danbury police. Police tried to pull the car over, but the driver, 32-year-old Edward Lasch of New Fairfield, did not stop.
Police said stop sticks were used to deflate one of the car's tires. After several turns, the car made a turn onto a dead-end road in Sherman. At the end of the road, Lasch attempted to run over the two troopers in pursuit, police said.
He was tasered while inside the car, and taken into custody.
Police found four long guns, a large amount of ammunition, a large knife, burglary tools, a small amount of marijuana, heroin, and crack cocaine. One trooper sustained minor injuries from Lasch's resistance. He later went to the hospital and was treated and released. Lasch was taken to the hospital for treatment, and released.
He was held on a $250,000 bond and appeared in court on Friday. Lasch also had a warrant out of Torrington.
- North Carolina gov pleads with storm evacuees to be patient
- Kavanaugh's accuser wants FBI probe before she testifies
- Lawsuit filed against gas company after Massachusetts blasts
- Officials in Middletown seek federal funding to fix collapsing wall along Connecticut River
- Michael Jordan donates $2M for hurricane relief in NC
- Hamden Police Bust Alleged Stolen Car Thief
- Trump to visit Carolinas on Wednesday
Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Cooper: Florence a 'monumental disaster' for NC
- Showers moving out of state during Tuesday evening commute
- SAD UPDATE: Body recovered of 1-year-old baby that was swept away in NC floodwaters
- Death toll rises to 11 as Florence pours on the rain
- Florence pours on the rain in the Carolinas; death toll at 5
- Bright start then cloudy finish to Monday before rain from Florence arrives
- Caught on Cam: Boy rescued from water during rip current warning
The National Weather Service says a microburst, not a tornado, caused damage...Read More »
Lawyers filed a class action lawsuit Tuesday on behalf of people who were...Read More »
Harbor Park is one of the jewels of Middletown, showcasing the beauty of the...Read More »
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
New Haven Police responded to a car fire at a gas station Tuesday night.Read More »
Officials at Sesame Workshop are denying the claim of a former writer that said the classic characters Bert and Ernie are more than close friends.Read More »
The National Weather Service says a microburst, not a tornado, caused damage in a town near Boston as the remnants of Hurricane Florence brought strong winds and heavy rains to New England.Read More »