STAMFORD, Conn. (WTNH) — Fotis Dulos, the estranged husband of the missing New Canaan mother Jennifer Dulos, and Michelle Troconis are due back in court on Friday for evidence tampering and hindering prosecution charges. The charges are in connection to the disappearance of Jennifer Dulos.

We think this may be the first time Dulos and Troconis will both be in court on the same day since they were first arrested. We do not think they will be in court at the same time, however. Dulos entered the Stamford courthouse on Friday morning and Troconis entered later in the afternoon.

Around 2:00 p.m. Friday, the Stamford Courthouse was evacuated, which happened to delay Troconis’ hearing. The issue was resolved 20 minutes later.

Troconis has pleaded not guilty to the latest evidence tampering charge against her. Troconis will be back in court on Oct. 25th.

Both Fotis and Michelle have been arrested twice now on evidence tampering charges.

First, police say they have them on video dropping bags into garbage cans in Hartford, and the bags they recovered tested positive for Jennifer Dulos’ blood. Then, Troconis was arrested again last month. Police say she admitted lying to them about the day Jennifer disappeared, including allegedly making up an alibi for Fotis.

Investigators say Fotis drove an employee’s truck to New Canaan the day Jennifer disappeared and then asked that employee to throw away the truck’s seats. He did not, and the apparent blood on those seats tested positive for Jennifer’s blood.

Dulos walked into court by himself this morning . His lead defense attorney Norm Pattis was not able to make it. In court, it was Pattis’s colleague Kevin Smith appearing alongside Dulos.

The state argued that Dulos violated the judge’s gag order by commenting about his estranged wife Jennifer’s mental health to a Greek blog. The gag order is currently under appeal to the Connecticut Supreme Court.

The judge tells Dulos that even though he is appealing the decision, the gag order remain in place until the state’s highest court rules on it.

The defense also argued that the evidence tampering and hindering prosecution charges should be dismissed because there has been no murder charge filed against Dulos, meaning he couldn’t have tampered with any evidence. The judge did not rule on that motion.

Fotis’ lawyers also keep asking for the removal of the GPS ankle monitor. The judge keeps turning down those requests.

After court, Dulos made another statement to his children: “I just want everyone to know I love my kids and miss them very much.”

Dulos’ Attorney did not make a statement following court.

Prosecutors are taking their time with the case. Jennifer, mother of five, disappeared around Memorial Day and now the Halloween decorations are up.

But as long as both Dulos and Troconis have those ankle monitors, it’s not like they’re going anywhere.


Free download: Access Connecticut breaking news, weather, stream newscasts live and more on-the-go with News 8 alerts directly to your phone.