BLOOMFIELD, Conn. (WTNH) - Police in Bloomfield are searching for a missing 59-year-old man.
Authorities say John A. Vanhare was reported missing just after 5:30pm Friday.
Officials say he was last seen leaving his employer in Simsbury earlier in the afternoon.
Police are describing Vanhare as a white male, 6'3" weighing 190 pounds. He has white hair, wears glasses, and has a mustache.
He currently drives a 1999 Chevy Silverado with license plate JJDEV.
Officials have issued a silver alert for Vanhare.
If you have any information that could lead his whereabouts, you're asked to contact Bloomfield Police at (860) 242-5501.
- Kleenex to rebrand 'mansize' tissues after gender complaints
- Sheriff: Missing Wisconsin girl's parents were shot to death
- Trump's Russia attorney shifts to become White House counsel
- West Hartford firefighters help deliver newborn
- Search continues for suspect in Middletown shooting
- Body recovered from river in Windham
- Candidates stay on campaign script in latest debate
(WTNH) - A widespread FROST/FREEZE scenario to start Friday, but milder weather returns for Friday afternoon and Saturday with daytime highs near 60 and overnight lows 40's/50's. Another cold front brings the windy and chilly weather back for Sunday and Monday.Read More »
- Connecticut Red Cross volunteer in Florida describes heartbreaking scenes following hurricane
- Hurricane is blamed for 16 deaths in Florida alone
- Evacuations for 'disastrous' Llano, Colorado River flooding in Texas
- Early snow blankets much of Kansas
- Searches intensify after body is found in Michael's wake
- 'It was life or death': Face-to-face with Michael's fury
- How you can help survivors in the wake of Hurricane Michael
Police responded to a report of a person shot in the face. The suspect fled...Read More »
"It means giving people a chance."Read More »
The UConn football team travels to South Florida this weekend to face the 20th ranked Bulls.Read More »
Kleenex will re-brand its "Mansize" tissues after consumers complained the name was sexist — touching off a social media conversation about what's in a name.Read More »