(WTNH) — Hundreds of thousands in Connecticut are without power after Tropical Storm Isaias hit the state Tuesday. Towns across the state are offering free cooling and charging stations to residents as power companies work to restore power.
- East Hartford Public Library, which will also offer free WiFi.
- Cultural Community Center offering two free charging stations for residents without power. This one will reopen Thursday morning and be open from 9 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- 50 South Main Street – Opens 8 a.m.
- Lobby of Police Headquarters at 100 Reef Rd – open 24 hours
- Senior Center at 100 Mona Ter.
- All five fire stations: 140 Reef Rd, 600 Jennings Rd, 400 Jackman Ave, 3965 Congress St, 69 Main Street, Southport – open to the public 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Beardsley School at 500 Huntington Rd
- Harding High School at 379 Bond Street
- Geraldine Johnson Elementary School at 475 Lexington Ave
- Roosevelt School at 680 Park Ave
- Thomas Hooker School at 138 Roger Williams Rd
- Dunbar Elementary School at 445 Union Ave
- Discovery Interdistrict Magnet School at 4510 Park Ave
- 52 Old Hartford Rd – open 24 hours
- Mansfield Library at 54 Warrenville Rd
- Old Saybrook High School at 1111 Boston Post Rd
- Comstock – 52 Old Hartford Rd – 2 hr access
- Highland School at 490 Highland Ave, Cheshire – open from 7:30 a.m. – 7:30 p.m. on 8/6 and 8/7 for Cheshire residents.
- New London Fire Department’s South Station on Lower Boulevard
- Riverside Park – charging is available at either of the three remote solar power (light) units located on the promenade at the base of the park.
- Meriden Senior Center at 22 West Main Street. Park in the rear of the building on Hanover Street, enter through the rear of the building. Open 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. Limit 1 hour charge.
- Canton Community Center at 40 Dyer Ave
- New Street Fire Station at 19 New St.
- Community Center at 10 S Eagleville Storrs, CT
- Public Library at 54 Warrenville Rd
- Senior Center at 303 Maple Rd
- Old Fellows Hall at 25 Danbury Rd
- Water Witch Hose Company at 8 Prospect Hill Rd
- Town Hall at 1 Liberty Ln
- Norwalk Library at 1 Belden Ave
- Torrington City Hall at 140 Main St #1
- Senior/Community Center at 321 New Britain Ave
- Plainville Public Library at 56 E Main St
- Town Hall at 110 Myrtle Ave
- Senior Center at 21 Imperial Ave
For the full, updated list, click here.
For more Tropical Storm Information & Resources: https://uwc.211ct.org/tropical-storm/