Officials from the Hartford Police Department said they along with fire and EMS crews responded to the scene, and have given medical aid to all those involved.
According to officials, the crash happened around 3:20 p.m.
Police said the driver of the motorcycle was found suffering from severe injuries. He was transported to Hartford Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
The driver of the second vehicle involved remained on the scene of the accident, according to police.
The motorcyclist has been identified as Brian Rivera Morales 27, of Hartford, CT. According to police, Morales was operating a stolen motorcycle at the time of the crash.
The motorcycle, a 2006 Honda CBR600, was entered as stolen by NYPD on November 6, 2018. Morales has no local arrest history, but his license was suspended since May of 2018.
Police reported that Morales was not wearing a helmet at the time of the crash.
Police said the area of Franklin Avenue and Shultas Place has been reopened in both directions as preliminary investigations has concluded.
This is a developing story. News 8 will bring you any updates as they become available.
- Malloy activating Connecticut's Severe Cold Weather Protocol
- 2 plead no contest in psychiatric patient abuse case
- Review: $12.5 million in outside cash spent on election
- CDC: Romaine lettuce linked to E.coli outbreak, 1 in CT infected
- Branford residence uninhabitable after chimney fire
- WCSU gives 'all clear' following report of person with a gun on Westside campus
- Celebrate the Holidays at The Shops at Yale - New Haven, CT
With bitter cold on the way for the state later in the week, Governor Dannel Malloy announced that he is activating the state's Severe Cold Weather Protocol.Read More »
- Thanksgiving Day Football games rescheduled ahead of extreme cold
- Clear and cool Tuesday evening, severe cold and wind on the way for Thanksgiving
- Thursday snowstorm causes hundreds of crashes around Connecticut
- Rain to come overnight, stay for morning commute
- Wet snow makes for slippery sidewalks, difficult shoveling
- Winter storm leaves slippery road conditions
- Windy and cold Friday afternoon, sunny weekend ahead
With bitter cold on the way for the state later in the week, Governor Dannel...Read More »
Two former staff members at a Connecticut maximum-security psychiatric...Read More »
Just days before Thanksgiving, the CDC is advising that U.S. consumers stay...Read More »
A residence in Branford is uninhabitable after a chimney fire broke out on...Read More »
The "all-clear" has been given after students at Western Connecticut State...Read More »
Students at Western Connecticut State University in Danbury have been told to 'shelter in place' following a report of a gunman on the Westside Campus Tuesday afternoon.Read More »