Hartford files counterclaim against ballpark developer

Hartford

HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) – The city of Hartford says it has filed a counterclaim against the one-time developers of a minor league baseball stadium and ended an agreement with them to develop the surrounding area.

Centerplan Construction filed a lawsuit against the city last year after they were terminated from the stadium project following construction delays.

The city said Monday that it was countering that suit with claims of fraud and announced that Centerplan and DoNo Hartford LLC were being dropped as developers for the Downtown North neighborhood. A lawyer for Centerplan tells the Hartford Courant that the city cannot justify the move.

The city says Centerplan took public money intended to pay subcontractors on the stadium project and instead paid unrelated debts. The company said it did nothing wrong.

Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Hartford

CT General Assembly moving through agenda of special session, Energy Bill still on table left to debate

News /

State doubling funds to help renters, landlords; to extend eviction moratorium to end of 2020

News /

I-84 Eastbound seeing heavy morning traffic due to car accident

News /

Southington HS closed Wednesday after positive COVID-19 test reported

News /

4 schools across Consolidated School District of New Britain report new confirmed COVID-19 cases

News /

39 students in Glastonbury quarantined, two students in the district test positive for COVID-19

News /
More Hartford

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss