CROMWELL, Conn. (WTNH) – Residents are back in their homes after a natural gas leak in Cromwell on Wednesday morning.
The fire department confirmed to News 8 that just before 10 a.m., a contractor hit a high-pressure gas line in the area of Priorwood Gardens and Highland Crossing near the TPC River Highlands Golf Course.
Cromwell Fire reports, homes were evacuated in the area of Highland Crossing. TPC River Highlands opened its air-conditioned buildings to the evacuees as the heat index was high.
Cromwell Fire requested assistance from Rocky Hill Fire and secured the area with water lines and water curtains. Eversource also responded and called in additional resources.
Crews on the scene were able to mitigate the break. Affected residents were allowed to return to their homes around 1 p.m.