A man who agreed to pay another driver for damages in a car crash instead shot and killed the driver, according to police.
The incident happened on June 25th on North Canaan Street in Hartford .
42-year-old Damond Bester of Bloomfield was arraigned on Thursday in connection with the shooting of 43-year-old William Smalls.
The two were involved in a minor crash, and Bester agreed to pay Smalls $1,000 and some marijuana for the damage.
Instead, police said he shot Smalls.
Bester is being held on a $1.5 million bond.
Original Story: Officials identify Monday night Hartford homicide victim
Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Official: Escaped jaguar bit through steel cable barrier
- Marriott hotels eliminating plastic straws by 2019
- 17-year-old dies after high school band practice
- Texas Instruments' new CEO loses job for personal misconduct
- Tipster alerted police to suspect in possible Houston serial killings
- Recent incidents of alleged prejudice caught on camera
- 'Snake priestess' Serpentessa uses snakes to massage you
News 8 was crisscrossing the state since the storms began early Tuesday afternoon.Read More »
- Storms cause travel nightmare for thousands across the East Coast
- Tuesday thunderstorms cause damage, knock out power around Connecticut
- Report-It Photo Gallery: July 17, 2018 Thunderstorms
- Tuesday storm knocks out power for thousands across Connecticut
- Wet weather to linger until around midnight, sunshine returns Wednesday
- Showers, downpours possible Sunday evening
- How to escape a rip current
News 8 was crisscrossing the state since the storms began early Tuesday...Read More »
The US Food and Drug Administration is advising people to avoid eating fresh...Read More »
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
A Hartford man will spend 51 months behind bars for illegally possessing a...Read More »
Hamden police are looking to the public for assistance in finding a man...Read More »
The US Food and Drug Administration is advising people to avoid eating fresh crab meat from Venezuela because of potential contamination by bacteria.Read More »
Australian researchers have developed an experimental blood test they say is the first blood test capable of detecting melanoma -- an aggressive form of skin cancer -- in its early stages with a high degree of accuracy.Read More »
MGM Resorts International has sued hundreds of victims of the deadliest mass shooting in modern U.S. history in a bid to avoid liability for the gunfire that rained down from its Mandalay Bay casino-resort in Las Vegas.Read More »