SOUTHINGTON, Conn. (WTNH) — The first day of the Southington Apple Harvest Festival was postponed Friday due to heavy rain, event organizers announced.
The apple fritter booth was supposed to open at 5 p.m. Friday, according to a post on the festival’s Facebook page, but it will not open due to the weather.
The festival will officially open at 1 p.m. Saturday in the Southington Town Green area.
Updated Festival Hours
- Saturday, Sept. 30, 1 p.m. to 9 p.m. | Fireworks at 9 p.m.
- Sunday, Oct. 1, noon to 7 p.m. | Road race at 8:30 a.m., parade at 2 p.m. (rain date Oct. 8)
- Friday, Oct. 6, 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Saturday, Oct. 7, 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. | Arts & craft show from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Sunday, Oct. 8, noon to 5 p.m. | Arts & craft show from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Free parking and shuttle bus service are available from Southington High School on Saturdays and Sundays only.