HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) - The lawyer for a Connecticut teenager facing charges in connection with the unrelated deaths of two people last summer says his client is not interested in a plea offer and wants to go to trial.
The Hartford Courant reports that 18-year-old Deykevious Russaw, of Hartford, was in court Tuesday to consider the offer, but after questioning by the judge, rejected it.
Russaw is charged with murder in the drive-by shooting death July 16 of 63-year-old Jeff Worrell. Prosecutors say Worrell was not the intended target.
Russaw's lawyer says his client was not the shooter.
Russaw is also charged with manslaughter in the July 18 death of 56-year-old Rosella Shuler, who was struck by an SUV as she waited for her bus. Prosecutors say Russaw was driving the stolen SUV.
- Israel flying to moon after SpaceX launch
- Keurig has come out with a machine that makes cocktails instead of coffee
- Congresswoman DeLauro warns about jump in drug prices
- 8 Things To Do This Weekend: Home & Garden Show, Oscar Party and 'Spamalot'
- Rare snow dusts Vegas strip, sticks to LA-area foothills
- Hartford police respond to fifth homicide of the year
- Michael Buble blown away by West Hartford local's powerhouse voice when she sings 'At Last'
A wintry mess across Connecticut on Wednesday, and we're not alone. Ice, snow, and freezing temps are creating tough conditions across the country. Here's ABC's Zachary Kiesch.Read More »
- News 8 takes a trip to Ridge Road School in North Haven with the mobile weather lab
- Slick commute, icy overnight for Connecticut
- This past January was the third warmest January ever
- Has precipitation this winter been 'normal?'
- Connecticut State Troopers on the lookout for ice missiles after snowstorm
- Report-It Recap: Connecticut cleans up from Tuesday snow storm
- Monitoring the roads on Tuesday evening in one of our Storm Team 8 Mobile Weather Labs
Looking for weekend fun? We have eight suggestions for activities including...Read More »
The Hartford Police Department is investigating the fifth homicide of this year.Read More »
Some people in Killingworth are trying to put a stop to plans for a solar farm.Read More »
A New Britain man was struck by a vehicle on Thursday night and sustained...Read More »