Police say from 2010 until 2016, Wells was treasurer of the Southington Lacrosse Association and the only person with access to the association's debit card and bank account. Authorities say she embezzled almost $100,000 from the youth sports group to pay for a concert, travel expenses, restaurants and stores.
Police say she also stole more than $375,000 from Jones Engineering, where she was a part-time bookkeeper, using some of the money repay the lacrosse organization.
- The latest debate dividing the internet: How you draw an 'X'
- Massive tree kills two people inside San Diego home
- Sen. Murphy to drop off donations at a pop-up pantry at Coast Guard Academy
- US singer Chris Brown detained in Paris after rape complaint
- Shore Line East commuters back on track with some rail service restored
- Ribbon cutting of new 5th Congressional District office to be held in Waterbury
- Trump's proposal to break budget deadlock falls flat
When the weather turns interesting, people take pictures.Read More »
- Bitter cold sets in as winter storm wreaks havoc on travel
- Photos: First storm of 2019 knocks down trees, wires across Connecticut
- Governor Lamont urges residents to stay home as wintry weather rolls through Connecticut
- More than 30,000 outages reported across Connecticut during storm
- Winter weather impacting Sunday flights at Bradley International Airport
- Prevent your pipes from freezing
- Wintry mix causing slippery roadway conditions Sunday morning
Members of the U.S. Coast Guard are working hard to make ends meet during the...Read More »
Shore Line East commuters will be back on the track Tuesday.Read More »
A Waterbury fire sent two people to the hospital after flames tore through a...Read More »
Entire streets in Bethany are pitch black. Roads are covered with icy limbs...Read More »