According to officials, on Monday, police arrested 45-year-old Michael Lomax and 39-year-old Jason Pangretic.
Police said on Aug. 24th, 2018, units responded to Lomax's residence after receiving a report of a woman in cardiac arrest.
She was transported to a local hospital where she later died.
Police said Pangretic later admitted to selling heroin to Lomax. He stated that Lomax called him and said the woman died.
Authorities said Lomax admitted to purchasing the heroin and then attempting CPR on the victim when she went unconscious and stopped breathing. He then called 911 and later said he wanted to avoid police coming to his home because he didn't want to be arrested.
Lomax was charged with manslaughter, risk of injury to a minor and other related charges. He was held on a court set bond of $250,000 and appeared in court on Tuesday.
Pangretic was charged with sale of heroin and was held on a $150,000 bond. He will appear in court on April 3rd.
The victim's identity was not released.
- Lyft drivers accused of price tampering
- Massachusetts Secretary of State pushes for early voting
- Joe Biden to unveil plan to unify the country
- Hartford PD: looking for missing 12-year-old girl
- Two injured, dozens displaced following fire in Hartford
- One person suffers injuries after car vs moped accident in Manchester
- Goodnight, Goats: Southington farm needs your help getting goats ready for bed
Destructive, powerful storms. Connecticut caught in the crosshairs.Read More »
- Reflecting on Connecticut tornadoes 1 year later
- Today's Connecticut Forecast
- Spot shower possible Sunday morning, more sun in the afternoon
- Connecticut experiencing high pollen counts this week
- Hurricane hunters soar into storms to collect crucial data
- 'Hurricane Watch: The Path to Preparedness' weather special
- Connecticut River continues to overflow its banks
Massachusetts Secretary of State William Galvin is pushing to allow early...Read More »
Two people have been injured and dozens displaced following an early morning...Read More »
On Saturday at approximately 8:55 p.m. the Manchester Police Department was...Read More »
If you've ever wondered how a goat gets ready for bed, here's your chance to...Read More »
It's a scene worthy of a double take: Florida troopers with guns pointed at their own cruiser, but the man inside is no cop.Read More »