This comes following a report of a possible drowning, according to police.
Officers said they were looking for the man just south of Gerard's Marina in the area of Dike Point Park.
Departments from multiple towns were on scene with K9 units and scuba divers.
The water in the area is between 20 and 30 feet deep.
Officials said the water temperature is only about 60 degrees, which also played a factor in the search.
Free download: Access Connecticut breaking news, weather, stream newscasts live and more on-the-go with News 8 alerts directly to your phone.
- Connecticut's Move Over law stresses safe driving
- Crews respond to a house fire at a 6-family residence in New Britain
- ‘Jeopardy!' champ playing in Las Vegas World Series of Poker
- Lamont says he's "in on back and forth" over UConn and Big East
- Fatal crash at Hammonasset being investigated
- Former Yale basketball captain settles sexual misconduct lawsuit with university
- Suit: Generic drug makers used code to fix price increases
Ash trees and oak trees are becoming more and more scarce across the state of Connecticut all because of the invasive Emerald Ash Borer and Gypsy Moths.Read More »
- Eye on the Storm - Hurricane season by the experts
- Jupiter will get so close to Earth this month that the planet and its largest moons will be visible
- The science behind studying mosquitoes this season
- Safety dos and don'ts of handling a tornado outbreak
- Preparing for Hurricane Season
- After several quiet years, tornadoes erupt in United States
- Slightly more humid for Monday evening, before rain arrives Tuesday
After public outcry, it appears the New Haven Board of Education is changing...Read More »
Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
NEW BRITAIN, Conn. (WTNH) -- New Britain firefighters responded to a fire at...Read More »
Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
WEST HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) - The presidents of the schools in the Big East...Read More »