WINCHESTER, Conn. (WTNH) - Route 8 in Winchester has reopened following a structure fire early Wednesday morning.
Route 8 has reopened after crews knocked down a structure fire in Winchester. For a period of time the road was closed between Gibbs Street and Smith Hill Road.
Fire officials say that crews were dispatched to the scene just after 2 A.M.
There is no word on what caused the fire or if anyone was injured.
No further details are available at this time.
This is a breaking news story. Stay tuned with News 8 for updates.
- Trump denies he 'directed' Michael Cohen to break the law as prosecutors contend
- Teacher pleads guilty for having sex with student
- Destination Location: News 8 visits Mystic
- Consultants: Tweed Airport could do much better with longer runway
- Facial Recognition Software Used at Taylor Swift Concert
- Apparent Grinch on video driving through Christmas display
- Vitaminwater will give you $100,000 if you ditch your phone for a year
(WTNH) - Dress warmly! A cold start once again out there and it will stay cold all day. On/off flurries or a period of light snow today with a dusting for some towns. Low to no impact on travel. The next storm will drag mild air our way with rain Friday Night and Saturday Morning. Improving weather Saturday afternoon/evening. Moisture may return Sunday as some light rain or rain/snow mix. We have our NEWS 8 toy drive at the Connecticut Post Mall in Milford 10AM-Noon this Saturday! Looking...Read More »
- Snow showers possible Thursday
- More clouds later as cold Tuesday continues
- American Meteorological Society Report: Climate change causing extreme weather
- Bright and chilly Monday, rain possible later this week
- North Carolina, Virginia hit by 'mammoth' winter storm, hours of snow and ice still to come
- Cold and cloudy Sunday afternoon
- Flurries, snow showers possible on Thursday night
Experts are now weighing in on a controversial expansion proposal for Tweed...Read More »
The Brass City will be swearing in its new Chief of Police Thursday afternoon...Read More »
Acid reflux is that burning feeling in your chest or throat that sometimes happens after you eat. It's a common complaint. But is it dangerous?Read More »
Experts are now weighing in on a controversial expansion proposal for Tweed Airport Thursday.Read More »