According to officials, Route 79 was closed in both directions at Route 148 due to a collision between a motorcycle and another vehicle.
The crash was first reported just after noon on Thursday.
Officials say the accident scene has now been cleared.
There has been no word on what caused the collision or on any injuries.
News 8 will update this story with more information as it becomes available.
- Connecticut National Guard members returning from deployment
- Middletown holds first ever Pride parade
- Hartford PD hosts gun buyback event
- Search for possible drowning victim in Connecticut River to resume Sunday morning
- Hartford: Firefighters respond to residential fire on Capen Street
- UPDATE: Target registers back online after system shuts down nationwide
- Flights resume at Newark Airport after United flight skids off runway
Ash trees and oak trees are becoming more and more scarce across the state of Connecticut all because of the invasive Emerald Ash Borer and Gypsy Moths.Read More »
- Eye on the Storm - Hurricane season by the experts
- Jupiter will get so close to Earth this month that the planet and its largest moons will be visible
- The science behind studying mosquitoes this season
- Safety dos and don'ts of handling a tornado outbreak
- Preparing for Hurricane Season
- After several quiet years, tornadoes erupt in United States
- Damp, but not a Drencher For Father's Day
Two motorcycle accidents on Saturday night are being investigated by police.Read More »
Members of the Connecticut Army National Guard are coming home from...Read More »
The search for a possible drowning victim in the Connecticut River is set to...Read More »