Officials say five students were admitted to Yale New Haven Hospital after ingesting what was initially described as a “foreign substance in some cookies” at Hamden High School at 2040 Dixwell Avenue.
According to police, an investigation revealed the students had consumed “marijuana cookies.” The cookies were allegedly brought to school by a 15-year-old girl who has been arrested.
The teen has been charged with five counts of risk of injury to a minor. She is scheduled to appear in New Haven juvenile court.
Hospital officials say that the students are “fine and in good spirits.” They were released from the hospital on Monday afternoon.
School officials are conducting their investigation into the tainted treats.