WALLINGFORD, Conn. (WTNH) — The Connecticut Office of the Inspector General released its preliminary report and body camera footage of Monday’s deadly officer-involved shooting in Wallingford.

According to the report, Officers Gordon McCaskill and Robert Bellucci responded to a 911 call about a man who shot himself inside his home on North Airline Road at 2:37 a.m. The report said the officers spoke with a woman who said Donald Passmore, 62, shot himself in their bedroom.

WARNING: Some viewers may find this video disturbing. Discretion is advised.

The inspector general’s office said McCaskill and Bellucci entered the house, announced that they were police officers and asked, “Where’s the gun?”

They went to his bedroom door, where Passmore was lying on the bed, demanding the officers to lower their lights.

“Put the flashlights down, put both flashlights down,” Passmore said.

“The only flashlight that’s on is pointed to the ground right now,” an officer said.

According to the report, the officers spoke to Passmore for about nine minutes. His last words were muffled by the officers’ repeated demands that he put his hands in the air and not touch the gun as he appeared to put his left hand in the air. His right arm was just out of frame.

They asked Passmore to place his hands in the air and instructed him repeatedly not to touch
the gun. At 2:54 a.m., the officers said, “Don’t touch the gun!” and “Put your right hand up!”

The report said approximately 10 rounds were then fired at Passmore, and officers found a .22 caliber revolver on his bed.

Passmore was taken to MidState Medical Center in Meriden, where he was pronounced dead.

The chief medical examiner’s office ruled his death a homicide caused by gunshot
wounds to his torso. The toxicological report is not yet available.

The officers have been placed on administrative leave.

The Connecticut Office of Inspector General, Department of Emergency Services and Public
Protection, Connecticut State Police Eastern District Major Crime Squad and the Wallingford
Police Department are still investigating.