NEW HAVEN, Conn. (WTNH) - Experts are now weighing in on a controversial expansion proposal for Tweed Airport Thursday.
According to the New Haven Register, consultants are recommending that state restrictions on runway length be eliminated.
They say the airport could bring in billions of dollars to the state and local economy with a longer runway which would allow more airlines to fly some of their aircraft into the airport.
This would possibly expand the number of destination you can fly to from New Haven.
- Woman found asleep at wheel by police arrested on OUI charge in Plainfield
- Newington police investigating stabbing assault, two stab victims hospitalized
- Experts to review how Boeing 737 Max Jet flight control system was approved by FAA
- BREAKING: Police confirm officer involved shooting in Wethersfield
- 20th anniversary of Columbine school shooting
- New Haven firefighters deliver donated candy from Stop & Shop to local community
- 10th anniversary of New Haven firefighter's death remembered
- Hurricane Michael upgraded to Category 5
- NOAA: March 2019 was second-hottest on record
- Rain and melting snow contributes to Connecticut River flooding
- Connecticut receives total of $1 million in federal aid from 2018 storms, tornadoes
- New Haven's cherry blossoms will be at full peak by the end of April
- 6 states under blizzard warnings as residents prepare for April snow storm
- Start working now on getting a green lawn this year
On Saturday evening at 8:20 p.m. North Haven Police responded to Bailey Road...Read More »
On Saturday at approximately 5:34 p.m., Plainfield Police Officers were...Read More »
Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Newington police responded to a call at a restaurant for a stabbing assault...Read More »
The Yale football team has a ton of history in the Elm City, but this...Read More »