LIVE NOW /
Watch News 8 at 5:30pm

Crews battle kitchen fire in Hamden

New Haven

Fire crews in Hamden extinguished a kitchen fire on Sunday evening.

According to the Hamden Fire Department, there was a structure fire at a home at 192 Eramo Terrace around 6:30 p.m.  

Authorities say the kitchen fire extended to the attic space of the home. The Fire Marshal later determined that the fire originated from an unattended pot of boiling oil, which then spread to a kitchen wall.

The elderly homeowner, who was home alone at the time, attempted to extinguish the fire with water then a fire extinguisher, but the flames had grown too large. 

The homeowner sustained a hand injury from some broken glass but was treated on the scene by paramedics. 

It is expected that the homeowner will be displaced and stay with relatives while the house is renovated. 

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

New Haven

New Haven opens new housing units in what used to be city's worst housing projects

News /

85 North Haven middle school students in quarantine after positive case of COVID-19

News /

Debate between candidates for CT’s Third Congressional District kicks off tonight on News 8

News /

Third Congressional District debate interview: Rosa DeLauro

News /

Third Congressional District debate interview: Margaret Streicker

News /

Third Congressional District debate interview: Justin Paglino, MD, Ph.D

News /
More New Haven

Trending Stories

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss