DERBY, Conn. (WTNH) - Police in Derby have identified the man who was killed in a crash on Route 34 early Tuesday morning.
Officials say 36-year-old Christopher Etes of Sandy Hook was killed when his Jeep collided with a box truck near Buckingham Road. A portion of Route 34 was closed for several hours as a result of the collision.
Original Story: 1 dead, 1 injured in Derby crash on Route 34
According to police, the driver of the box truck was transported to a local hospital in serious but stable condition.
Police say an initial investigation shows that Etes was the driver at-fault in the accident.
The collision remains under investigation.
- Latest link between your diet and cancer
- Memorial Day 2019 events across Connecticut
- Derby students lay wreath at Tomb of the Unknown Soldier
- Memorial Day Weekend traffic safety reminders
- Police give insight into school investigation
- Will House vote on 'Bottle Bill' update?
- Person of interest identified in New Haven bank robberies, reward offered
Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. The Associated Press contributed to this report. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
At least seven people are dead -- five in Missouri, one in Oklahoma and one in Iowa -- after severe weather hit the Plains this week.Read More »
- Another day of tornadoes in Midwest, but St. Louis spared
- Tornadoes on the Plains not as bad as feared; threat remains
- Tornado damage in New Haven County still being repaired one year later
- Reflecting on Connecticut tornadoes 1 year later
- Today's Connecticut Forecast
- Beautiful weather for Friday, some rain for the weekend
- Connecticut experiencing high pollen counts this week
Governor Ned Lamont, alongside veterans and service members, paused on Friday...Read More »
It's a lesson about the true meaning of Memorial Day weekend that students at...Read More »