Dog dies in apartment complex fire on Bradley Avenue in Waterbury

New Haven

WATERBURY, Conn. (WTNH) — A fire in an apartment complex on Bradley Avenue killed a dog and left 18 people displaced Tuesday afternoon.

According to Waterbury Police, the fire happened in Building One of Bradley Gardens, the apartment complex located at 222 Bradley Avenue. Waterbury’s Fire Marshall told News 8 the call came in around 2:20 p.m. The fire started on the first floor and traveled up to the third floor.

The fire marshall said there were no human injuries reported.

Most residents will be allowed back in the building except for those whose units were impacted by the fire.

The Red Cross is assisting those who were affected.

Waterbury Fire Department is currently investigating the fire.

Several roads in the area will be closed as the investigation continues.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

New Haven

Coat distribution for kids

News /

Police investigate attempted break-in at Quinnipiac student’s off-campus house

News /

New Haven volunteers come out in force to help those in need on Thanksgiving

News /

Bars in New Haven packed with celebrations on Thanksgiving Eve

News /

FOOD IN NEW HAVEN CT STYLE

CT STYLE /

Outdoor igloos are back at restaurants across the state as a way to continue to dine safely during the winter months

News /
More New Haven

Trending Stories

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss