WEST HAVEN, Conn. (WTNH) - Family members called a service a "Celebration of Life for Dusan Jeremiah Jenkins II."
400 people packed the Life Changing Outreach Ministries Church in North Haven on Saturday. The purpose was to remember a 4-year-old boy who died after climbing into a hot car in West Haven with his 2-year-old brother, Davion, last week. Davion survived, but sadly, Dusan did not.
At the service, there was singing, praying and rejoicing for the time the people there had with Dusan.
Related Content: Video shows boys getting into hot car on own before death
A family friend said the big turnout meant so much to the family during this difficult time.
"It just shows the amount of love that everyone has for LaToya and Dusan. And it shows the type of people that they are," explained Kimberly Artis. "They are great parents. They love their children. And I feel the love is just overwhelming and it's just a great atmosphere in there right now."
As far as the investigation goes, no charges have been filed.
Police say surveillance video from the family's apartment complex shows the boys went into the family car on their own and the father went outside and got them out.
It is not yet known how long the children were in that hot car. They were taken to the hospital where Dusan passed away.
Davion is home with his family.
- Man transported to hospital following Derby shooting
- $2,000 cheeseburger pizza raising money for those impacted by Hurricane Florence
- Hartford City Council has strong support to raise age for sale of tobacco, vaping products to 21
- Global warming to leave us crying in our costlier beer
- Car crash sparks homicide probe of aspiring fashion model in Georgia
- 2 people to end time in sanctuary after more than 6 months in Old Lyme church
- Former FBI Director James Comey visits UConn, speaks on firing
- Searches intensify after body is found in Michael's wake
- 'It was life or death': Face-to-face with Michael's fury
- How you can help survivors in the wake of Hurricane Michael
- Aerial photos show devastation in Mexico Beach
- Showers, possible thunderstorm Monday night
- Need help contacting friend or relative in Panhandle?
- Official: Searchers find bodies in hurricane-stricken town
A man is recovering after being shot in Derby on Monday evening.Read More »
Eight out of nine city council members in Hartford say they will vote in...Read More »
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Two people will end their time in sanctuary at an Old Lyme church on Tuesday.Read More »
Investigators are trying to figure out how a plane crashed off of the coast...Read More »
Authorities searched Monday for a 13-year-old girl they believe is in danger after her parents were found dead in their western Wisconsin home.Read More »
Eight out of nine city council members in Hartford say they will vote in favor of raising the minimum age for the sale of tobacco and vaping products from 18 to 21 in a key vote Oct. 22nd. The capital city would be the first in the state to do so.Read More »